Jobs and internships
Photo by Willy Johnson | breakbeatbilly.com
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ) is a San Francisco-based non-profit nonpartisan organization that promotes balanced and humane criminal justice policies designed to reduce incarceration and further long-term public safety. CJCJ pursues this goal through the development of direct services, technical assistance, and policy analysis.
CJCJ is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Residential Support Staff, Cameo House.
Childcare Specialist, Children's Waiting Rooms.
Reentry Court Coordinator, Reentry Court.
Clinical Case Manager, Intensive Supervision and Clinical Services (ISCS).
Wrap-Around Rehab Counselor, Juvenile Justice Services.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Volunteer and unpaid internship opportunities are available in our San Francisco, California sites. Volunteers and interns play a fundamental role in CJCJ's policy work and service provision. Previous volunteers and interns have:
- Authored policy and data analysis publications
- Authored opinion editorials published in statewide and national news forums
- Maintained CJCJ's social networking presence through blog writing and other multimedia channels that distribute to the broader criminal justice community
- Developed and updated program manuals used to train direct service staff
- Produced curriculum for staff to use with clients
- Co-written grant proposals for critical funding applications
- Provided long-term support to direct service staff
A potential volunteer should have the following qualifications:
- excellent sense of humor
- ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- good research and writing skills, depending on the project
- basic knowledge of word processing
- flexibility and creativity
Interested in volunteering with CJCJ? We are currently recruiting for the following projects:
Please complete our Volunteer-Intern Application, and submit it with a resume and cover letter to the staff listed above. In your cover letter, please be sure to include your preferred project from the list above and the frequency and duration of time for which you will be available. Include any additional information requested by the specific project you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in joining the CJCJ team!