Jobs and internships
Photo by Willy Johnson | breakbeatbilly.com
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ) is a San Francisco-based non-profit nonpartisan organization that promotes balanced and humane criminal justice policies designed to reduce incarceration and further long-term public safety. CJCJ pursues this goal through the development of direct services, technical assistance, and policy analysis.
CJCJ posts employment opportunities under the non-profit sector of craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/npo/ (search “CJCJ”). CJCJ is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
There are no opportunities available at this time.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Volunteer and unpaid internship opportunities are available in our San Francisco, California sites. Volunteers and interns play a fundamental role in CJCJ's policy work and service provision. Previous volunteers and interns have:
- Authored policy and data analysis publications that were utilized by policy-makers in California
- Authored opinion editorials published in statewide and national news forums
- Maintained CJCJ's social networking presence through blog writing and other multimedia channels that distribute to the broader criminal justice community
- Developed and updated program manuals utilized to train direct service staff
- Produced curriculum for staff to use with clients
- Co-written grant proposals for critical funding applications
- Provided long-term support to direct service staff
A potential volunteer should have the following qualifications:
- excellent sense of humor
- ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- good research and writing skills, depending on the project
- basic knowledge of word processing
- flexibility and creativity
Sadly, today is the last day of my internship at CJCJ. Thank you for an incredible education. You are true advocates in the field of juvenile justice and I will continue to follow the work that you do.
~ Dana Wolfenbarger, May 12, 2011
If you are interested in volunteering with CJCJ, please view the specific projects we are currently recruiting for, including project supervisor and requirements for the positions:
Please complete our Volunteer-Intern Application, and submit it with a resume and cover letter to the staff listed above. In your cover letter, please be sure to include your preferred project from the list above and the frequency and duration of time for which you will be available. Include any additional information requested by the specific project you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in joining the CJCJ team!