Model Local Practices
1–25 of 110 items | Next »
Missouri's Innovative Concept Academy: One Powerful Idea
- Kate McCracken, Apr 1, 2014
- The Innovative Concept Academy in St. Louis City, Missouri shows how one powerful idea can come to life when you are willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
San Francisco’s Sheriff implements Obamacare
- Selena Teji, Mar 25, 2014
- Sheriff Mirkarimi discusses his plans to implement the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in San Francisco.
Lawyers help troubled S.F. youths stay in class, out of jail
- Mar 8, 2014
- In partnership with the San Francisco Public Defender's Office, CJCJ operates the Legal Advocacy Education Program (LEAP) to help at-risk youth obtain educational success.
LEAP TEAM TO RECEIVE GOOD GOVERNMENT AWARD
- Mar 7, 2014
- CJCJ's LEAP program receives 34th annual Good Government award on March 11, 2014. The LEAP team includes CJCJ's Board member Patti Lee and LEAP Advocate Marc Babus.
Back to work: San Francisco reduces unfair barriers to employment
- Selena Teji, Feb 20, 2014
- Earlier this month, San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to implement a Fair Chance Ordinance promoting fair hiring policies among both public and private employers.
How to Address Pain for Life
- Kate McCracken, Feb 4, 2014
- Restorative practices are essential to improving the framework of our justice system. This new lens values the connection between the victim, offender, and the community. It allows for meaningful…
You mentor, discover, and inspire us!
- Selena Teji, Jan 28, 2014
- A big thank you to all of our generous donors this holiday season. You reached above and beyond to help us provide gifts for our Juvenile Justice Services youth, and we want to honor your kindness…
Out of the Darkness: For Inmates Released Late at Night, Change May Be Coming
- Jan 25, 2014
- Danielle Evans, Director of Women's Services, discusses the need for coordinated reentry planning for individuals exiting local jails.
Bringing the holidays into the jails
- Dinky Manek Enty, Jan 2, 2014
- The San Francisco Sheriff’s Department and the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice partnered to bring the holiday spirit into the San Francisco County Jails.
CJCJ Newsletter - Thank you for a big year at CJCJ!
- Dec 16, 2013
- CJCJ reflects on its transformation in 2013: new programs, award winning staff, and our new Director of Women's Services.
Fouts Springs: A Model Approach to Serving High-Risk Youth
- Nov 20, 2013
- New study documents legacy of Fouts Springs Youth Facility, a regional facility operated by Solano County that served high-risk youth in lieu of the state youth correctional facilities.
Spotlight on Solano: Youth thrive through county innovation
- Nov 20, 2013
- A closer look at Solano County's self-sufficient juvenile justice practices.
Home from prison
- Nov 5, 2013
- This San Francisco Bay Guardian article highlights CJCJ's Cameo House program.
CJCJ Newsletter - Saying goodbye to CJCJ's Supportive Living Program
- Oct 31, 2013
- CJCJ's Supportive Living Program closes its doors and policy staff report on the ineffectiveness of curfews.
A day in the life of Patsy Jackson a NoVA Case Manager
- Caitlin Chappelle, Oct 24, 2013
- Patsy Jackson has been a case manager with NoVA for two years. Patsy helps her clients succeed by minimizing barriers to reentry and facilitating reintegration in their families and communities.
Safety first: protecting clients in an emergency
- Selena Teji, Oct 15, 2013
- CJCJ staff attend the San Francisco Fire Department's Neighborhood Emergency Response Team training to learn how to keep themselves, their families, and their clients safe in an emergency.
Pre-booking Diversion To Help Address Health Needs
- Caitlin Chapelle, Oct 10, 2013
- How do you divert justice-involved individuals into specialized programs that address the root causes of their criminal activity?
Contribute to a safe and healthy home today!
- Sep 27, 2013
- Help us provide a vital safety net for homeless mothers at Cameo House.
Reentry barriers: employment and the technology divide
- Selena Teji, Sep 26, 2013
- How do you prepare for work in an office environment if you've never used a computer? Many Bay Area residents struggle to find employment a fter decades of incarceration.
Leaders in the Field Weigh in on the Effectiveness of Diversion Programming
- Sep 25, 2013
- An article in the Juvenile Justice Information Exchange examines diversion programs for justice-involved youth.
CJCJ pays tribute to the history of its new mentoring program
- Selena Teji, Sep 19, 2013
- CJCJ's newest direct service program, the Youth Justice Mentoring Program, has a long history in San Francisco. CJCJ pays tribute to that legacy by carrying on these essential services.
CJCJ Newsletter - Introducing our new mentoring program!
- Jul 31, 2013
- This month CJCJ began providing mentoring services to youth in detention, and staff visited innovative post-Realignment programs in San Francisco and published an op-ed on SB 260.
SF Commission Explores What Works: Examining a Collaborative Diversion Program
- Kate McCracken, Jul 30, 2013
- Local model practices exist throughout the nation and there is substantial empirical research available to interested parties who seek to re-think their approach to juvenile and criminal justice.…
San Francisco’s reentry pod prepares people for successful release
- Selena Teji, Jul 23, 2013
- San Francisco's unique reentry pod in Jail #2 serves men returning from state prison, prior to and during their release into the community.
Innovation in a Land of Justice by Geography
- Kate McCracken, Jun 25, 2013
- In an era of Realignment a model program is born, San Francisco's Adult Probation Department in partnership with a variety of community-based organizations celebrates the opening of the new Community…
1–25 of 110 items | Next »
Explore how California’s 58 counties send their residents to correctional institutions with interactive maps, charts, and downloadable data.